Saturday, September 4, 2010

Free Day= Whoot…whoot!

Since I’ve had my third child (1 1/2 years ago) my weight has always been going in one direction or the other. I struggle to maintain. I’ve got down to my goal weight several times since having her….than weeks later I gain it back. Can you say YO-YO DIETER??? I don’t want to be a YO-YO D anymore! I don’t want to deprive myself for weeks just to find that in the end I’m not strong enough to keep up with my new lifestyle. I’m done with my sprint dieting and ready to train for that marathon eating lifestyle.

Rather than depriving myself, I’ve found that substituting is REALLY EFFECTIVE! Giving your body what it craves….but substituting some of the bad with better options….or PLANNING AHEAD  so your indulging moments are not on a whim.

I have lost over 4 lbs with this challenge so far (although I am doing a little more…eating only whole foods at meals etc). My weak spot is family get togethers. I can eat healthy all week long….then it feels like every weekend the family gets together to BBQ and feast. Monday we had a BBQ and pool party,  we are having another one tonight, and tomorrow is a baby blessing with YES ANOTHER FEAST… and last night we all went out to the movies together…..YIKES! BUT……I made a game plan.

(At the BBQ’s I’ve had grilled chicken and veggies or I’ve cooked up egg whites and put it on whole wheat bread as a sub for a greasy hamburger. )

Knowing that yesterday would be my free day (with popcorn and treats at the movies) I planned ahead by eating very low but nutritious calorie meals. Then for a snack I made these http://leanbodieshf.com/?p=1198  (…..sorry I’m once again promoting her website) but it was a nutritious substitute to something I usual indulge on.

AND EVEN THOUGH I FELT LIKE I INDULGED AND LET LOOSE A LITTLE YESTERDAY….I still lost a pound!!!

How are you guys feeling about this challenge??? Let’s keep each other motivated!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have lost any weight. I am struggling with basically just not eating too much. I need to find a balance with training for my marathon so that I have enough energy to do what I want to do, but not just stuffing myself. You look amazing in all the pics I've seen of you recently Nickie. I wouldn't think you had a pound to loose, so awesome job!

    ReplyDelete