Monday, August 30, 2010

James & Heather

Hey everybody! We are James and Heather and we are super excited to be doing this challenge! Here's a little history on us: We've live in West Jordan, Utah and have been married 6 awesome years! I (Heather) have been battling my weight since Junior High and last year I decided that it was time for some real change! I started a new diet last summer and lost 60 lbs! Yay! I started running in January and in June I ran my first Half Marathon - 13.1 miles!

I still have a ways to go in my weight loss journey and this challenge will be just the ticket. I've mastered the skill of motivation over the last year and I'm super excited to test myself... my goal is to get a perfect score at the end of this. Big words, huh! I figure that if I publicly say that then it will give me even more accountability during those times that I'm just dying for a hot fudge sundae (my family is in the ice cream business)!!! My sweet husband James is doing this challenge too and I know he'll do awesome. He has just a little weight to lose, but mostly this will just be a great opportunity to makeover our lifestyle. My mom, Marianne, is also attempting this 60 day challenge. (She is the hot blond in the pink on the far left)

Another reason why James and I started this challenge together is that we are on our journey toward adoption! We are about a month away from being approved through LDS Family Services and then the waiting game will begin. We can't wait to start our family through adoption, but it could potentially take years for us to be matched with a birth mother and patience is NOT my strong suit! Anything that we can do to help the time pass with positive goals is fantastic in my book. If you'd like to check out our adoption blog, feel free - we need as big of a support system as we can get! http://highwaytoadoption.blogspot.com/ We look forward to seeing everyone's progress during this 60 day challenge and if you ever need some words of encouragement, drop us a line! We're in this challenge together!

5 comments:

  1. I was totally thinking that the best way to end this challenge would be to go on over to that wonderful ice cream place on October 22nd and have us some really awesome ice cream treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James as in we grew up together James? And Heather as in Leatherby's Heather? What a small world yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Steph! I was so excited to see you on here!

    James

    ReplyDelete